How do you pick proper scaffolding for a painting job? From so many available scaffolds, which one is the best scaffolding for house painting purposes? Here you will find which one is most suited for interior painting and which one is for the exterior.
Many people often neglect some interior and exterior walls as they are generally hard-to-reach areas. So if you’re looking to start a refurbishment project, do wall cleaning, or need to get your house painted, it is advisable to get the right scaffolding that will help simplify your home improvement project. It begs a question, which scaffolding for my house will be best suited?
Whether you hire a professional painter or make it a DIY project, getting the correct type of scaffolding to paint your house will make the project much easier and quicker.
What scaffolding do you need?
You need scaffolding that is best suited for your job requirement. Depending on what you need to get done here are 6 scaffolding you option for you to consider. The scaffolding structure you decide to end up with depends on your budget and the nature of your project. There is scaffolding used by professionals and lightweight scaffolding ideal for home use.
1. Mobile scaffold tower
Need scaffolding with a platform, budget-friendly and movable? A mobile scaffold tower is what you are after. It lets you to put down your tools on a platform. It Lightweight aluminium frame makes it easy to move around. These towers can go as high up as 10.2m. Installation is strigh forward enough that you can assemble it yourself. Perfect for a one-man job or two.
It is one of the best scaffolding to use for your interior house painting and any other DIY projects, even for outdoor projects.
It is easy to move around, thanks to the double-locking caster wheels. It features a 12-foot reach and can be adjusted to paint in hard-to-reach areas such as stair walls. However, the following scaffolding is a better option for painting stairs.
- A smaller unit can be assembled by one person.
- It can hold up to two adults.
- Useable both outdoors and indoors
- It meets the OSHA standards, so safe to use it.
- It is easy to assemble and take down even when you’re alone.
- It is a mobile workstation thanks to its rollers
- It comfortably supports a heavy loads.
- You might need help moving it around
- The taller towers can be heavy
Rent Tower for your painting job
2. Staging platform
You can create a staging platform using a combination ladder or use painters scaffold. Great for narrow and DIYs project like house painting or wallpapering your home. You can easily adjust it to your desired level. Some even fold so you can store them in a compact way without taking up much space.
Its load capacity is 500 pounds meaning it can comfortably hold you and your work tools. It is lightweight so a single person can move it around the room.
- It is lightweight
- It is easy to assemble on your own
- Easy to move around
- It can fit through any standard doorway.
- It cannot be used for heavy work.
3. Folding work platform
Although it is not scaffolding, the folding work platform is a good option for smaller indoor jobs where you don’t need high reach.
- It is a lot cheaper compared to buying or renting scaffolding
- It gives more surface to work with on your ladder.
- It is steady, unlike the ladder.
- It is smaller than scaffolding.
4. Baker Style Scaffold Tower
This 12-foot scaffold tower is among the best scaffold towers for exterior house painting, especially if your paint job involves high walls.
It comes as a 2-set scaffold tower, each of 6′ and put together, and they give you a 12′ scaffold. It comes with outriggers and guard rails that guarantee your safety.
No tools are required to assemble this rolling tower, making it perfect for someone who is used to working with such equipment. However, first-time users could use some help assembling.
Although it is not weatherproof, the structure is quite secure and safe, even in windy weather.
- It is a well-secured structure.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Assembling it is not a difficult task.
- It has roller heels hence making it simple to move around.
- It can be used as two separate 6′ scaffold towers.
- It is not easy to assemble for beginners.
- The decking is not waterproof, so it’s important to line it, especially if you live in rainy areas.
5. Telescoping ladder
A Telescopic Ladder has two stabilizing bars and locking hinges to keep it firmly in place. The stabilizers are covered with nonslip rubber that adds more stability when working.
- It offers more than a regular ladder.
- It is safe to use both indoors and outdoors
- It adheres to the European safety standards.
- It is lightweight hence can easily be moved around
- It is not as stable as a scaffold tower
- It is not as safe compare to tower
Rent scaffolding for interior painting
These tips will help you choose the right scaffolding tower based on what you need. Whether you want to paint your own house to save money or just for fun, scaffolding cuts the extra cost if your other option is hiring one.
Choosing the best scaffolding for a painting job will help you save time instead of painting in small patches when using a ladder. By having the best tools at your hand you will get the painting job done at a much better quality and quicker.