Which scaffolding for house use should I use
Many people often neglect some interior and exterior walls as they are generally hard-to-reach areas. So if you’re looking to start a construction project, do wall cleaning, or need to get your house painted, it is advisable to get a scaffold tower that will help simplify your home improvement project. It begs a question which scaffolding for my house I need.
You may decide not to hire professional painters for your paint job and make it a D.I.Y instead. Getting a scaffolding for painting the house will make the project much easier.
The scaffolding structure you decide to end up with depends on your budget and the nature of your project. There is scaffolding used by professionals and lightweight scaffolding for home use. Most scaffold sellers offer free quotation service, and will guide you through choosing the right scaffold.
What scaffolding do I need
You need a scaffolding that is best suited for your job requirement. Depending on what you need to get done here are 6 scaffolding you option for you to consider.
1. Little Giant work platform
Although it is not scaffolding, the little giant work platform is a good option before investing in scaffolding. It is best to do a one-time simple job in a small wall space.
To use it, you need to have a step ladder to attach it to. It gives you more space to work with and a surface to place your equipment instead of using a ladder on its own.
- It is a lot cheaper compared to buying a scaffolding
- It gives more surface to work with on your ladder
- It is steady on the ladder.
- It is smaller than a scaffolding.
- It would be best if you had a ladder to use it.
2. Multi Purpose Scaffolding
If you want more than a working platform, this rolling scaffolding is one of the best scaffolding you can get. Its frame is all-steel construction and has a 1/2 inch wooden deck that is 29 inches wide. It has a maximum load capacity of 1000 lbs meaning it can comfortably hold two adults and working tools.
The Pro series is great for construction sites, exterior home painting, and building extensions. You can adjust it to different heights, 27′ above the floor being the lowest and 71′ being the highest.
- It is easy to assemble
- Useable both outdoors and indoors
- It meets the OSHA standards, so safety is
- It is easy to assemble and take down even when you’re alone
- It is a mobile work station thanks to its rollers
- It fits through any standard doorways
- It comfortably supports 1000lbs
You might need help moving it around before assembling
3. Baker Style Scaffold Tower
This 12-foot scaffold tower is among the best scaffold towers for exterior house painting, especially if your paint job involves high walls.
It comes as a 2-set scaffold tower, each of 6′ and put together, and they give you a 12′ scaffold. It comes with outriggers and guard rails that guarantee your safety.
No tools are required to assemble this rolling tower, making it perfect for someone who is used to working with such equipment. However, first-time users could use some help assembling.
Although it is not weatherproof, the structure is quite secure and safe, even in windy weather.
- It is a well-secured structure.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Assembling it is not a difficult task.
- It has roller heels hence simple to move around.
- It can be used as two separate 6′ scaffold towers.
- It is not easy to assemble for beginners.
- The decking is not waterproof, so it’s important to line it, especially if you live in rainy areas.
4. Portable adjustable platform
Thanks to its simple lay, it is one of the best scaffolding to use for your interior house painting and any other DIY projects.
It is easy to move around, thanks to the double-locking caster wheels. It features a 12-foot reach and can be adjusted to paint in hard-to-reach areas such as stair walls.
It has a 2-inch increment adjustable platform from 27 to 73 inches.
- One person can assemble it
- It can hold up to two adults
- It is stable
- It is only suitable for indoor use
- It is heavy
- It is not waterproofed
5. Finether Telescoping ladder Multipurpose Aluminum Extension
It has two stabilizing bars, locking hinges, and two platform panels that ensure it stays firmly in place. The stabilizers are covered with nonslip rubber that adds more stability when working.
Just as the name suggests, the 15′ multipurpose telescoping ladder can be used as scaffolding, an extension ladder, a stairwell scaffold, and an overhanging ladder.
Although its maximum weight load is only 150kgs, it is pretty durable because of the material it’s made of.
- It offers more than a regular ladder.
- It is safe to use both indoors and outdoors
- It adheres to the European safety standards.
- It is lightweight hence can easily be moved around
- It is not as stable as a scaffold tower
- It is not as safe.
6. Work platform ladder
Work platform ladder makes DIYs like house painting or even levelling your hedges much easier. You can easily adjust it to your desired level, fold it, and store it as it folds flat, so it doesn’t take much space.
Its load capacity is 500 pounds meaning it can comfortably hold you and your work tools. However, it only weighs 59pounds meaning it can easily be moved around even if you’re on your own.
- It is lightweight
- It is easy to assemble on your own
- Easy to move around
- It cannot be used for heavy work.
These tips will help you choose the right scaffolding tower based on what you need. Whether you want to paint your own house to save money or just for fun, a scaffolding cuts the extra cost if your other option is hiring one.
Scaffold towers will help you save time instead of painting in small patches when using a ladder. However, if you’re unsure about painting your walls yourself, it is advisable to hire pro painters who will give you the aesthetics you’re going for.